Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you got to be kidding me

devzer0 May 28, 2016

This question statement is about https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html

there was a time when Atlassian was really great company, but after reading this documentation to simply switch a DNS name there has to be a new instance created and data to be export/import sounds like something a company would have done back in the 80s? And also it doesn't support a domain of the account holder??

do you remember the time INTERNIC was doing domain registration process via email? this approach to me feels even more ancient.

I am seriously questioning the technology leadership of Atlassian now. I use to be a big promoter of JIRA/Confluence to everyone i meet. Reading this document made me seriously ill.

All good things comes to an end, and seems like Atlassian has come to an end. 

You are marketing something call cloud, and this reminds me 20+ years ago how we (the internet) created a unix account and rented out public_html directory and charge people paid money for it. 

2 answers

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

Cloud solution is having a loooong way until it will be as good as Server. Atlassian from some reason heavily promote Cloud to be primary selling product (instead of server) but looking at all of those limitations it would be really hard and time consuming task. Couple of things are not easy to bypass and this is one of them...

0 votes
devzer0 May 31, 2016

if you ask me it's merely a lack of prioritisation of development efforts, until feature like this exists it does not qualify the term cloud you can use hosted, i really hate to see when good companies are stirred in the wrong direction due certain decisions made by the leadership. i don't know enough about Atlassian internal org structure to try to guess why such a trivial yet vital feature has gone over-looked, and i was also surprised to realise even 2 factor authentication (a vital component of a hosted cloud system that has mission critical data) is not available 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events