workflow triggers

Teri June 26, 2019

I created a custom workflow using Comala Workflows. I want to either create a trigger or even a condition to handle minor changes.

Currently, if I have a document in the published state and make a minor change, the author needs to make sure they put the document back through the workflow so that it goes to the published state a second time.

I would like to create a trigger that could make the workflow have a popup in which it asks the author if this other change is a major or minor.

If minor is select, the workflow can automatically go back to the published state and the new changes are viewable.

If major change is select, then it gets forced to go through the review pipeline.  Also, if major is selected, I would like for the author to be able to bypass to a specific state if need me (ex: bypass peer review and go directly to manager review).

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2019

Hi Teri,

It is not currently possible to have a pop up to ask the author if a change is major or minor. What you describe makes sense. An alternative approach is rather than use an 'update' transition, you could use a submit or select transition that your author can use to start a review when required.

I recommend the select transition as this would enable you to provide the option to select or bypass peer review.

Hope that helps

James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events