will restoring space backup wipes out all the confluence content in db?

Sekhar Chandra November 6, 2019

Hi All,

I want to import some pages of a space that is in another confluence server say A to one space of confluence server B. Here I exported the pages using "Custom Export" option and the format is in xml and the file stored in windows.

Now how to import this page of server A into a space of server B? If i choose "restore and backup" option for site/space backup in Admin console, will this process wipes out all the existing confluence data in db of server B???

Thanks 

Chandra.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2019

Site backup/restire does indeed wipe everything.

You need to use the "import spaces" option instead. 

I'd strongly recommend importing into a new empty spaces and then moving the pages you want from that new space into the eventual target spaces - it will avoid clashes and allow you to organise the target space appropriately without possibly unwanted pages being imported and visible to users and then vanishing after you find and remove them.

Sekhar Chandra November 7, 2019

Thanks Nic.

Could you tell me where i can find this "import spaces" option, I''m using server.

I have xml file in my windows system and the confluence is in linux server

0 votes
Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

Hi @Sekhar Chandra ,

The restoring of the site will wipe out all Confluence content in the database. Please ensure that your database is backed up before you start.

Also, go through this link for more details.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf59/restoring-a-site-792499608.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/site-backup-and-restore-163578.html

Thanks,
Manisha

Sekhar Chandra November 6, 2019

Thank Manisha.

But I'm not restoring site, just a few pages of another server to the space of target server.

Chandra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events