Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why would the 'create multiple issues' show up as an option when i create issue from confluence page

mbm0094 May 7, 2021

when i create an issue from my confluence page, sometimes I see the 'create multiple issues' and sometimes I do not.  it also appears to be grouping my 2 columns into the 1 summary field. I have tried logging out and back in and it happens consistently.  I have deleted my templates and created new ones.  I have tried using the ones out of the box but still get the same intermittent behavior

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2021

Hi @mbm0094,

This happens when you try to create a Jira issue from selected text in a Confluence table. If the text you select is not in a table, you won't get the option to create multiple issues. The idea behind this is that you can prepare requirements in Confluence and get them into Jira when they are ready to be worked on by your development teams.

Although I have not been able to reproduce it myself, there seems to be some instability with the process, as you can see from e.g. this known bug: CONFCLOUD-67773. The behaviour you may expect, is like this:

After you have selected the option to create multiple issues, you should be offered the option to specify which column is your summary and which one is  your description. After doing that, data should end up in the correct fields in your Jira issues:

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 21.16.17.png

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events