Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why don't I get notifications when I'm (@myname) mentioned in Confluence?

Christina Lunk November 13, 2016

Since some days I don't any notification (neither in Confluence workbox nor in my email account) when I'm mentioned (@Christina Lunk) in Confluence? Did I switch it off accidentally?

3 answers

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2016

Hi Christina,

Short answer: No.

Notifications are sent when a page is saved. If you don't have permission to view the page when it's saved, Confluence won't send you a notification.  No notification event is kicked off when page restrictions are changed. 

Hopefully someone else will know of a workaround or plugin that can do this for you, but the simple solution would be for the person creating the page not to restrict it to themselves if they're using mentions. 

0 votes
Christina Lunk November 13, 2016

Hi, 

seems like it is like this: 

1) Someone creates a page that is restricted only to him (nobody can see or edit it). 

2) There he/ she creates tasks (with a user @name mention). --> nobody gets any notification 

3) He/ she deletes the restriction from this page (everyone can see and edit who has space permission) 

4) Although the task appear on the personal task list, nobody gets a notification for the mention in the former restricted page. The creator has to modify each task to trigger a notification to the mentioned person. 

Is there any solution for this so that all people that were mentioned on the restricted page get a notification when the restriction is deleted?

KR

Christina  

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2016

Hi Christina,

You can't turn it off, and an administrator can't turn it of for an individual.  But it can be turned off globally by disabling the Confluence Mentions plugin.  Does everyone have this problem, or just you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events