It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

what's the unit of "m of water equivalent" for snowfall

Dear all, 

I would like to know what exactly is what's the unit of "m of water equivalent" for snowfall. 

I know that for Snow depth I need Snow density to convert Snow depth m of equivalent water to meters, but what about Snowfall ? I need it in m, not in m of equivalent water.

Hope to have some feedback soon

Kind regards

Joana

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel_Eads Atlassian Team Sep 10, 2019

Hi Joana!

You've arrived at the forum for Atlassian Confluence and other Atlassian products. Copernicus/ECMWF use Confluence to host their documentation - we can help support Confluence itself but don't know much about Copernicus unfortunately.

It looks like ECMWF has a query portal you can use to ask questions, and they even have their own public forum you can browse and ask questions on too.

Best of luck with your atmospheric research and thanks for the work you do!

Cheers,
Daniel

I read at https://confluence.ecmwf.int/display/CKB/ERA5-Land+data+documentation that we we need to multiply by 1000 to convert "m of water equivalent "  to convert to kgm-2 or mm.

Even in the snow depth and snowfall case ??

Is this correct

Many Thanks

J

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

32 views 2 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you