• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

ajinkya bhosale April 6, 2016

what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

1 answer

When you say 'maintenance type project' do you mean a Program?  Projects have a defined start and stop, and if this requirement gathering is more perpetual, then maybe it is a Program.  Confluence makes an excellent tool for documenting Program requirements, and allowing people to lookup and answer their own questions.  An example would be standard operating procedures (SOPs).

If instead you do mean Waterfall (non-Agile) by 'maintenance type project', Confluence still makes a nice centralized 'single truth' for the project requirements possibly created and owned by the 'business users' .  Then you can link to JIRA and break business requirement into technical tasks, add scheduling details, and provide details for the 'workers' who may be software developers (or similar).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events