• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

what is the benefit of using confluence for requirement gathering if i am working on maintenance type project(very rarely requirement changes)

1 answer

When you say 'maintenance type project' do you mean a Program?  Projects have a defined start and stop, and if this requirement gathering is more perpetual, then maybe it is a Program.  Confluence makes an excellent tool for documenting Program requirements, and allowing people to lookup and answer their own questions.  An example would be standard operating procedures (SOPs).

If instead you do mean Waterfall (non-Agile) by 'maintenance type project', Confluence still makes a nice centralized 'single truth' for the project requirements possibly created and owned by the 'business users' .  Then you can link to JIRA and break business requirement into technical tasks, add scheduling details, and provide details for the 'workers' who may be software developers (or similar).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

246 views 11 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you