we are not able to access while trying as Non-admin users to jira 7.7.0 as this action fails

Abrar Khan October 21, 2021

Using JIRA REST API, we are not able to access while trying as Non-admin users to jira 7.7.0 as this action fails due to the jira endpoint '/rest/api/2/priorityschemes? expand=schemes.projectkeys', as a result, keeps receiving error 403;this end point itself throws 403 response, which is for permission error. What are the permissions required to access an endpoint.

1 answer

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Welcome to the Atlassian Community @Abrar Khan! Do you have space between ? and expand in your endpoint by any chance ? Below endpoint is working for me -
/rest/api/2/priorityschemes?expand=schemes.projectkeys

No we don't have any spaces between ? and expand

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2021

Thanks for confirming. Its working fine for me on my server instance with admin and non-admin user as well.

I think you might be using both admin and user group ,for me its not working as expected for user

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2021

By user group you meant group directory or something else ?

Abrar Khan October 22, 2021

While creating a user with user user privilages  only rather than having admin privilage

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2021

Ah ok, yes my user doesn't have admin privileges and the endpoint does work fine for that user.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2021

I am simply hitting below endpoint in web browser -

<JIRA-BASE-URL>/rest/api/2/priorityschemes?expand=schemes.projectkeys

Are you doing it via a script ? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events