use database backup for new install after reinstalling operating system

Torsten Steinert November 14, 2012

I have reinstalled the operating system on my virtual server with a different os. Then I installed confluence using the installer, installation succeeded. Now I point my browser to the confluence site and I can enter the license and setup database connection. I created a database user for confluence on my local mysql installation and imported the confluence-db backup. When I configure confluence to use the database containing the backup, I get the error message:

The following error(s) occurred:

Confluence tables already exist in the selected database.

The problem that I see is that a) the backup should contain my old pages and b) the server-id is stored in the old db, so I really want to use the backup.

How is it possible to use the backup database in the new installation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Hi Torsten!

I suggest you to install Confluence in a new and clean database.

After your Confluence is successfully installed, you can edit your <confluence-home>/confluence.cfg.xml to change the database, putting the name of the backup database on the property tag:

Example:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/BackupDatabaseName?sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB</property>

Hope it helps!!

Torsten Steinert November 20, 2012

Thanks Bruna,

that did solve my problem. I did not change the config, but instead droped the database after clean install and loaded my backup with the same name. Everything seems to work.

Thanks,

Torsten

Konrad Klockgether March 12, 2021

Thank you @Bruna Griebeler !

This also still works for Confluence 7.3.1

You saved my day :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events