use database backup for new install after reinstalling operating system

I have reinstalled the operating system on my virtual server with a different os. Then I installed confluence using the installer, installation succeeded. Now I point my browser to the confluence site and I can enter the license and setup database connection. I created a database user for confluence on my local mysql installation and imported the confluence-db backup. When I configure confluence to use the database containing the backup, I get the error message:

The following error(s) occurred:

Confluence tables already exist in the selected database.

The problem that I see is that a) the backup should contain my old pages and b) the server-id is stored in the old db, so I really want to use the backup.

How is it possible to use the backup database in the new installation?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Torsten!

I suggest you to install Confluence in a new and clean database.

After your Confluence is successfully installed, you can edit your <confluence-home>/confluence.cfg.xml to change the database, putting the name of the backup database on the property tag:

Example:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/BackupDatabaseName?sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB</property>

Hope it helps!!

Thanks Bruna,

that did solve my problem. I did not change the config, but instead droped the database after clean install and loaded my backup with the same name. Everything seems to work.

Thanks,

Torsten

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Goff-Dupont
Published 3 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

38 views 2 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you