Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use database backup for new install after reinstalling operating system

Torsten Steinert November 14, 2012

I have reinstalled the operating system on my virtual server with a different os. Then I installed confluence using the installer, installation succeeded. Now I point my browser to the confluence site and I can enter the license and setup database connection. I created a database user for confluence on my local mysql installation and imported the confluence-db backup. When I configure confluence to use the database containing the backup, I get the error message:

The following error(s) occurred:

Confluence tables already exist in the selected database.

The problem that I see is that a) the backup should contain my old pages and b) the server-id is stored in the old db, so I really want to use the backup.

How is it possible to use the backup database in the new installation?

2 answers

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hi Torsten

In this case I suggest you to continue the installation using a new database.

After the installation is finished, you can point your confluence to use the database with the backup data.

You can change this on confluence.cfg.xml, inside Confluence Home folder:

Example:

File: /var/confluence433/confluence.cfg.xml

Content:

<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost/confluence433?sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB</property>

When confluence433 is the name of Confluence's database that you can change.

Hope it helps!

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2012

I think this can be closed as duplicate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events