Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use column number in table

Jaya Prasad Kusuma December 28, 2017

Is there any way to use column number as attribute in other parts of table.

image.png

we have table with 50 columns each time when we want to add any step in the middle we have to manually edit all the numbers. 

Is there anything we can add column number so that it will increment if we add more columns.

something like below 

1. restart completed

@columnnumber step completed

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Jaya,

There's a built-in feature to add a numbering row, but I assume this isn't what you're looking for? 

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 11.48.31 AM.png

This would number each of your rows and would automatically increment when you add new rows.

However, from your description, it sounds like you want to number across the top, in columns? Are you also trying to mention specific numbers?

Can you help provide a few more examples of what you're trying to do exactly if the numbered rows are not suitable?

Regards,

Shannon

Jaya Prasad Kusuma January 5, 2018

I want to use that columnumber in other parts of the table. suppose i have a table with 80 rows and want to use the same column number in 2nd or 3rd column. If i add/delete any of the rows then the numbers in both columns should be increased/decreased.

Screenshot 2018-01-05_12-41-48.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your explanation.

This would definitely require an external add-on, but I am not familiar with one that would provide that feature.

Maybe someone that has used that feature before will be able to let us know here, or you can try some of the linked add-ons above and see if they help with that.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2018

At first glance, it seems like maybe one of these could help you?

Besides those there are about 54 other table add-ons so please feel free to review them and let us know if you find one that works best for you. That will help other users if they're looking for the same feature.

Regards,

Shannon

kolka0000 October 4, 2018

@Jaya Prasad Kusuma hi, did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events