use case: browser closed after space delete command

Abhishek Pratap Singh June 21, 2017

Hi All,

To delete a space, I performed the below steps (in my local machine)

Browse->Space Admin->Delete Space

Delete operation started, since the space was very big it took more than hours I anticipated, so I closed the browser.

On next working day, I again followed the same steps to delete the space (this time from a remote machine). deletion started again, but after few hours a 'delete space failed' message appeared in browser window.

Now I have following queries (as I am new to confluence):

1) Is delete operation happens in background, even if I close the browser window?

2) althogh I am not able to find the space in wiki now, not even in database. I am not sure, it's deleted successfully or not?

3) I've also tried to delete space using curl:

curl -v -S -u USERNAME:PASSWORD -X DELETE http://SERVERNAME/confluence/rest/api/space/SPACEKEY

but that results into following error:

HTTP Status 403: Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

Regards,

Abhishek

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

1) Yes, it will continue

2) If you can't find the space, it's been deleted.  The process deletes the "header" last, and the header is the bit that tells Confluence that there is a space there.

I've seen this a couple of times on large space deletes, I've never worked out why the error is thrown even though the process completes ok.

Abhishek Pratap Singh June 22, 2017

Thanks for your response, that clears my doubt.

Abhishek Pratap Singh June 22, 2017

Any solotion for the issue mentioned in 3rd point.

Is this error is related to wiki application or it's tomcat only.

As with the same credentials, I am ablt to delete space with browser.

Regards,

Abhishek

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

Your REST call looks ok, but a 403 for that call means either your credentials are wrong, you don't have delete space rights, or the space has already been deleted.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events