uploading attachments if not an admin/author

Jennifer Weber September 16, 2015

Hello - is there a way for a Confluence user who does not have admin/author privileges to upload an attachment to a page?  Ideally, this would be part of a form.  We are collecting ordering information from several employees, and I know how to make a Confiforms form to get most of the info I need.  But they will need to send over some logo files with their form, and I'm not sure of the best way to get them.  I'd like to not have to ask them to email it separately, but that might be what I need to do.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - thanks!!

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Jennifer,

If you just add a new field in ConfiForms of type File to accept uploads, will this work for you? Or page attachments fail when a user who uploads it via the form has no edit rights on the page? Let's discuss the issue via email, please send one to vertuna(at)vertuna.com

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

You could give write access to a File List page that is linked from and feeds to a page with just read access. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events