Did you mean: 

upgrade of atlassian products

Tet Cheng Chia April 14, 2016

Hi,

I have some Atlassian software which I need to upgrade:

• Confluence (5.4.2)
  • JIRA (5.1)
  • Crowd (2.3.6)

As they are EOL, I need to upgrade all of them but instead of upgrading all of them in one big bang, I would like to do it piece-meal eg. Upgrade Confluence first, then wait for a run-in of 2 weeks to debug any issues that arise, then upgrade JiRA, wait for 2 weeks then CROWD or any other sequence.  Currently Confluence and JIRA is getting their identity management via CROWD.

I would like to upgrade all of them to the latest version but I worry that by doing it piecemeal, there may be breakage between CROWD and the rest due to incompatibility (eg CROWD 2.3.6 cannot communicate with Confluence 5.9 etc.

Can someone advise if I can do the upgrade in a piece-meal manner or should I follow any sequence?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Athirah Zolkefli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2016

Hi Tet Cheng Chia,

Based on the Atlassian documentation, the compatibility between Crowd/Confluence and Crowd/JIRA enables you to upgrade in a piece-meal manner, as you've described.

• Confluence 3.5 and above is compatible with Crowd 2.1 or later.
  • JIRA 4.3 and above is compatible with Crowd 2.1 or later.

Should the upgrades cause you any issues, don't hesitate to contact Atlassian Support and we will do our best to help you out. smile

Hope the information above is useful to you!

Regards,
Athirah Zolkefli 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events