upgrade jira from 5.2 to 6.4?

kumar Koppisetti February 10, 2016

i have a back of 5.2 version of jira..  i am trying to restoring it in 6.4 version.. then its asking license and admin login..even though i had generated the license.. its show that license is not valid for the old data versions..and displaying earlier year dates.. how can i restore old JIRA version (5.2) data to the new version like 6.4

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

I think you have to set up an 5.2 - instance, import your 5.2 - backup there. Ensure that the 5.2 - installation is running and then update that instance to 6.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2016

Bear in mind that you've imported the old licence along with all the data.  That's where you'll find the out-of-date licence is coming from.  If you follow Thomas's suggestion, you'll be able to add the new licence in before the upgrade.

Thomas is correct - setup 5.2, import (restore), then follow upgrade steps to 6.x (including JVM, DB compat, etc.)

kumar Koppisetti February 10, 2016

Thanks a lot, @Thomas , @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] and @Ross Lindell [Information Officer]

JIRA 5.2 - installation is running , how to update the instance to 6 or  upgrade to 6.x  could you please tell me the steps.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events