Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade confluence complains about directory already exists

Rob Kooper March 21, 2013

I am trying to upgrade confluence to the latest version but I can't get it to work. I had the same problem with the latest version 4.x version

The problem is that I have confluence installed in /home/opensource/confluence, following is the output from running the command on a Ubuntu machine.

Strange thing is that it ask if it is clean or upgrade and offers number 3 as default (which does not exist).

When I pick the existing folder it tells me it can't install it there because it already exists.

Any suggestions?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bash ./atlassian-confluence-5.0.3-x64.bin 
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...

This will install Confluence 5.0.3 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]

Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (uses default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2, Enter], Upgrade an existing Confluence installation [3]

Where should Confluence 5.0.3 be installed?
[/opt/atlassian/confluence]
/home/opensource/confluence
It appears that Confluence is already installed in the directory you selected.  Please choose a different directory.

[/home/opensource/confluence]
^Croot@rizzo:/home/opensource# bash ./atlassian-confluence-5.0.3-x64.bin 
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...

This will install Confluence 5.0.3 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]

Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (uses default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2, Enter], Upgrade an existing Confluence installation [3]

[/opt/atlassian/confluence]
/home/opensource/confluence
It appears that Confluence is already installed in the directory you selected.  Please choose a different directory.

[/home/opensource/confluence]

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2013

3 is the option to upgrade. I don't see you giving that. If you try new install, you will have o choose another directory.

Rob Kooper March 22, 2013

Thanks, now I feel even more stupid since I thought that 3 was the default value.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events