upgrade JIRA from 4.2.2 to 4.4, how can I update the user directory in confluence 3.5.13 ?

current confluence version is 3.5.13 and have user management using Legacy JIRA database connector (directory type) - as current JIRA version is 4.2.2

Now I'm going to upgrade JIRA to 4.4 and need to change confluence user management directory type to Atlasian JIRA, but I could not update the user directory from admin, there is only Add directory button on the screen.

Do I just add a new directory without deleting the old one?

1 answer

1 accepted

I found the answer - because I login as a admin user in Legacy JIRA database directory, so I'm not allowed to edit the directory. I have to login as a admin user in internal directory, and the edit/disable button will then display on the screen for action.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 9 hours ago in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

41 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you