Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade ConFluence from 7.0 to 7.3 assistance please

Woody Marvel April 14, 2020

We have a user count of < 5 users on 7.0 and an H2 database. I can export the database content easily, that is our occasional backup. H2 works for us and we prefer to remain on H2, based on  our current needs.

Question: Is there a clear understandable step-by-step process that I can use to just upgrade to 7.3+ , using the download TGZ or the eval version and update the production  license? This also would allow us to keep the H2 database until there is time to migrate and capacity requirements to migrate to another external database.

Ubuntu 18.04.4+  server with gnome GUI. openjdk-8, Atlassian Confluence 7.0.2 + hsql

Sincerely,wm

1 answer

0 votes
repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf73/upgrading-confluence-991928983.html

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf73/upgrading-confluence-manually-991929007.html

You can also do a new installation and then restore a backup version of the previous installation.

After the reinstallation, Confluence ask whether a backup should be imported.

Why don't you use the downlaod Linux 64 bit, which has an installer for the command line. This detects an already installed version of Confluence and also automatically takes over the H2 database and its content.
Don't forget to save your data !!

Woody Marvel April 17, 2020

Thank you. I have used that technique before and it worked. I was being cautious as the documents say "upgrade database first". This is really not necessary for our requirements, I will use this technique  and see how it works. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events