unable to start confluence ERROR:[springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationConte

SparkAdministrator July 8, 2017

hi, 

i just migrated our confluence between servers. Followed the instructions but getting error when i open the confluence site.

starting with NULLPOINTEREXCEPTION  . java version is correct and it is the recommended supported version.

version we are running: 5.6.1 (WINDOWS)

Java 1.7latest of 1.7) JDK

error log from atlassian.confluence.log

2017-07-08 10:05:55,931 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 5.6.1 [build 5635 based on commit hash 60fd2eb45debbf4ede2b669f4c9b96b4ce40a937]
2017-07-08 10:05:57,900 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.config.xml.AbstractDom4jXmlConfigurationPersister] saveDocumentAtomically Unable to move E:\Program Files\ConfluenceHome\confluence.cfg.xml3610131418487871784tmp to E:\Program Files\ConfluenceHome\confluence.cfg.xml. Falling back to non-atomic overwrite.
2017-07-08 10:05:57,931 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
2017-07-08 10:06:01,228 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] <init> Loading EhCache cache manager
2017-07-08 10:06:04,134 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] shutdownCacheManager Shutting down EhCache cache manager
2017-07-08 10:06:04,166 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] [springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] initWebApplicationContext Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'cacheStatisticsManager' defined in class path resource [services/cacheServiceContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'ehCacheStatisticsManager' defined in URL [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/Atlassian/Confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/confluence-cache-ehcache-5.6.1.jar!/cacheProviderContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'userI18NBeanFactory' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'userI18NBeanFactory' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'localeManager' while setting bean property 'localeManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'localeManager' defined in class path resource [i18NContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'settingsManager' while setting bean property 'settingsManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'settingsManager' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'upgradeManager' while setting bean property 'upgradeManager'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'upgradeManager' defined in class path resource [upgradeSubsystemContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'convertToRelativeLinksUpgradeTask' while setting bean property 'upgradeTasks' with key [1]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'convertToRelativeLinksUpgradeTask' defined in class path resource [upgradeSubsystemContext.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor argument with index 3 of type [int]: Could not convert constructor argument value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [int]: Failed to convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [int]; nested exception is java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338)
at 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2017

Errors with files usually mean you have the permissions on them incorrect - the user running the service must have full read/write/execute/delete rights on the whole installation, home and temporary directories. 

I would also want to check that the version of Java it's using is definitely the one you think it is, and that it's the Sun/Oracle one, not OpenJDK or something else.

java_version.PNG

see the screenshot, that is the Java version from Oracle and no opensource java jdk .

i am using ms sql server 2012 r2.

just copied the mdb file to the new server, changed the confluence.cfg.xml with correct settings.

and then im getting this issue. Point is that i want to set up a staging first and point it to the copy of the prod database.

just following the steps here on the website.

any help is appreciated.

the folders (install and home) have the sufficient access rights (full control) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2017

I don't think "just copying the mdb file" works, you need to do a proper backup and restore of the database.

Also, while I suspect you're using the right Java, the screenshot just tells me what the current default is.  This is not necessarily the one in use for Confluence.  Have a look at the logs as startup is attempted, it should echo it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events