Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to import site

Francesco Cannistra November 5, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to import a backupped OnDemand confluence site into another OnDemand site.

The import seem to proceed fairly but at the 80% of progress i get an error and the procedure is rolled back.

This is the prompted  error message:

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.GroupNotFoundException: Group <_licensed-confluence> does not exist

Currently the target OnDemand site is in the trial week because before proceeding with the buy of the new license we want to make sure that we can restore the old site.

Is it possible  that the restore is not working just because i am trying to restore the backup of a licensed site into a site that is not licensed yet.

Any help?

Thanks and regards,

francesco

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

It looks like you're running into a bug that's affecting some imports - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34180

The workaround is to create a dummy group in the target instance (as simple as create a group called "dummy-group"), then open up the xml file in the zipped export, search and replace all _licensed-confluence references with dummy-group, rezip that export and try the import again.  Details for that are also on that bug report.

Francesco Cannistra November 6, 2014

thanks, the workaround worked !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events