tips for Confluence 4.0 LDAP troubleshooting?

OpenLDAP is set up and the directory has been synchronized, but I can't log in with my LDAP credentials and if I try to add an LDAP user to a group I get the error, "User <name> could not be found. Please confirm his or her existence with a Confluence Administrator." One of the IT guys fiddled with the settings and said they're correct.

1 answer

1 accepted

If anyone else has a similar problem, we eventually got OpenLDAP working for us in Confluence without saving a username or password in the settings.

The key was setting LDAP Permissions to Read Only with Local Groups.

We also set the Base DN, Additional User DN, AdditionalGroupDN, User Object Filter, User Name Attribute, User Name RDN Attribute, User Display Name Attribute, User Email Attribute, User Password Encryption, Group Object Class, Group Object Filter, and Use the User Membership Attribute.

All other settings are at their defaults.

I have no tips for troubleshooting other than contacting Atlassian support.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

159 views 5 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you