Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time tracking with Confluence

Serge Kaunov November 27, 2014

I want to track time with Confluence tasks and activities. Looks like it's not an obvious task, please help me to understand posibilities.

It would be nice to have a timer like Time-tracker add-on that could attach time to a page and a task inConfluence.

May be it's possible to convert pages and Confluence-tasks to JIRA-issues and use the timer there? Issues linking isn't a solution since there could be different issues for one Confluence page and everything easily could be messed up.

Is there other ways?

3 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

The only time-tracking addon I see for Confluence is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.teknologiaplaneetta.confluence.grideditor.agile-application-stack

Other than the Task tracking capabilities that Paula mentioned, I known of no other abilities in Confluence that could help you other than basic tables or custom content. 

0 votes
Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2020

Hi,

This is very old post but I think the below information might be helpful for everyone who is looking for time tracking for Confluence. 

We've developed this feature on Atlassian Codegeist, today the Marketplace version is available from here: Time Tracking for Confluence Cloud 

Hope this helps someone. 

Cheers, 

Emma van de Vreugde July 28, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like this app does exactly what I need. However, my organization uses Confluence Server, and this app is currently only available in Cloud. Wil it be available in Server anytime soon?

Tom Jones [Appsvio]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2020

Hi Emma, Server/DC version is under development. We'd love to schedule a product tour for you. Please contact us at support@appsvio.com 

Tom

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2014

Hi Serge

Please check the following link http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/06/3-ways-keep-team-track-tasks-confluence/.
I believe this might help you.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Serge Kaunov November 27, 2014

Do you mean "task wrap-up using the task report macro"? I can't understand how would it help to track time. =( Could you explain, pls!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events