cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tasks in a project plan

Steffi Frank September 3, 2018

The challenge is: combine tasks and projects timeline as far as simple

This is how I realized it:

Macro „Chart from table“, type Gantt,  with embedded tasks (table) for each project:

image.pngIn my project overview I use “chart from table” as well, here with the “task report”, filtered with macro “table filter” by iconfilter =

Result: I get a timeline over all open project milestones:

image.png

So far so good! A brilliant visualization! I thought, my job was done, but....

Problem is: I need to change start and end date of one task in a project. To keep my project (and overview) timeline up-to-date, I manually have to change all dates in every following task of this project! Of course, there is no relation between one and n following tasks

Has anybody got an idea about how to solve this? Are there any add-ons which might fit my needs?

Thank you in advance!

Steffi

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Hi Steffi,

Handy Date extension (a part of Handy Macros app) may help you in this case: it allows you change dates (//date-macros) right in page view mode, so you just click the date and get a date picker, select a new date and it is updated in the page. Also this feature is compatible with Task Report macro that you use.

You see how it works on the demo site.

Hope it will make your workflow easier.

Steffi Frank September 6, 2018

Thanks Andrey, but still lots of manual work...

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Are the any rules or algorithms that you use to update dates? Without this automation is not possible.

Steffi Frank September 10, 2018

no, I yet do not use any rules - that's what I am looking for...

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

I see. Do you have your own vision what tool could help you?

Yes, something similar you can achieve with an Excel formula (must be something like “workingdays”. It is “arbeitstage” in German)

image.png

This would be step one.

Step two would be: my next row should start with end date from row 1 + 1:

image.png

If I now continue to use the formula “workingdays” I quiet comfortably can fulfill the whole table with start and end date (with end date as due date in a task...)

image.png

If I now e.g. change the end date in row 1, all following dates get updated automatically:

image.png

Got it?

;-)

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

You can attach Excel file and output it as a table using native Office Excel macro - it is compatible with Table Filter and Charts add-on. 

Or you can try Spreadsheets add-on. It is also compatible with able Filter and Charts add-on and I think it should support such formulas.

yes, I know. We did that already. But: I cannot use an Excel entry as a task. My aim is to combine both: timeline over all tasks (Gantt chart), milestones and phases AND a Confluence task list with due date and a user assigned

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

Unfortunately, I don't see a workaround now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events