{table-plus} content was all dumped into {wiki-markup} tags on upgrade

Rachel Dunlop January 20, 2013

We use the {table-plus} macro extensively throughout our wiki, and when we upgraded to 4.3 from a much older version, all our table-plus tables have been dumped into wiki-markup blocks, so we can ONLY edit it in wiki-markup which many of our users (read: most) can't comfortably edit them.

Is there any script or something we can run to migrate these back into the table-plus macro correctly? New pages work fine and I've updated all our templates which didn't work either but we still have many pages that are munted now.

1 answer

1 vote
Michael S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2013

You should be able to get around this by:

1. Updating your Table Plus macro to the latest version (if you haven't already)
2. Re-running the content migration: Re-attempting the migration – for content in 'unmigrated-wiki-markup' macro

If a macro is in an older format that isn't compatible with Confluence 4 it'll be saved in these wiki markup blocks, but once the macro is updated it should be sweet.

Let us know how you go.

Rachel Dunlop January 21, 2013

1. We already have updated the Table Plus macro to the latest I believe, (I'm not an admin of the Confluence instance) but we still have the issue. Recreating the macro works fine as I mentioned but there are too many pages to fix to do this.

2. If it was unmigrated content, would the tag its wrapped in by "unmigrated-wiki-markup" exactly, because we don't have that, we have "wiki-markup" only. I'm happy to suggest we reattempt the migration if thats definitely a safe operation to perform! This is a big wiki with a lot of users and we really can't afford to lose stuff!

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

I would suggest you have your Confluence admin check the server logs for errors. Confluence should be migrating all the unmigrated markup. Restarting Confluence should restart another round of migrations. You can open an issue once you have some more information.

Rachel Dunlop January 21, 2013

Thanks very much Bob, this answer plus the one you posted on the Migration page are really helping us to demystify what the problem might be! Will keep you posted. :)

P.S. We love your table-plus macro very much here! Great work!

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Ok, I thought it was you on the other page :). There have been lots of migrations of the table plugin over the last 6 months or so without this kind of problem being reported, so I expect your issue will clear up as well - hopefully just a glitch in the Confluence migration processing.

Rachel Dunlop January 26, 2013

Just an update, we haven't yet been able to try the remigration so I can't yet call this question answered. Will post our findings!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events