table-data or repeat-data with pre-existing rows

Wayne Hansen November 20, 2013

I'm trying to create a table that already has rows present when a page is created from a template, or even from copying a page.

ie

on page A I have the following table created with table-data and each cell containing a text-data field (Job1 and Job2 have already been filled in):

|| Role || Email || Name ||

| "Job1" | (blank) | (blank) | ˅

| "Job2" | (blank) | (blank) | ˅ ˄

| "Job3" | (blank) | (blank) | ˄ +

The purpose is so Job1, Job 2 and Job3 are already suggested, however if they're not needed they can be removed, or changed, as well as the ability to add another row to create a row for Job4.

But when I copy the page, or use a template, the table gets cleared out and I start with:

|| Role || Email || Name ||

| (blank) | (blank) | (blank) | +

1 answer

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2013

Hi Wayne,

I think you've hit some limitations of the Scaffolding plugin here. One constraint is that copying a page that contains Scaffolding data gives you a page with blank scaffold fields. This is due to how Scaffold data is stored, and the scope of what Confluence does when you use "copy page". This ServiceRocket support topic will give you more details: http://community.servicerocket.com/servicerocket/topics/data_lost_from_scaffolding_page_when_page_is_copied

I've used table-data quite frequently. I am pretty sure it is limited so that you can only express one row with scaffold fields. That would explain why in your test you start with the table headings row and just one additional row.

If you can live with just one row initially, then when it comes to default data (your "Job1", "Job2" values) then again there have been problems with default values for the text-data scaffold field. Details here:

http://community.servicerocket.com/servicerocket/topics/default_values_for_text_data_half_working_now

I've not had a chance to check with the latest version of the plugin yet, but perhaps this is solved now.

Sorry I can't offer you a solution in this case, but an explanation of the behaviour you're seeing is better than nothing. You may want to post your question in the ServiceRocket community forum, as their support guys do monitor that.

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events