I have tried installing confluence on Ubuntu server. (I keep getting some error with i18n when it tries to configure my postgresql database)
The first error I see in the catalina log is:
22-Sep-2017 22:19:39.672 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-10] org.springframework.web.socket.sockjs.client.SockJsClient.doHandshake Initial SockJS "Info" request to server failed, url=ws://127.0.0.1:8091/synchrony/sockjs/v1
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "http://127.0.0.1:8091/synchrony/sockjs/v1/info": Connection refused (Connection refused); nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
How can I get past this?
Follow up, I assume this was unrelated to my confluence install problem ( this probably showed up because the DB kept failing to configure, and honestly this error may still be in the log but I didn't look now that confluence is working for me ). Here is some info about my install:
I have finally gotten it to install on Ubuntu Server.
The only things I did different seem to be of no consequence.
1. I installed using the default config ( instead of custom )
2. I did NOT let the installer start the server (this is the BIGGEST difference)
3. I upped the postgresql logging a bunch.
4. I manually started confluence (with sudo start-confluence.sh)
5. I opened confluence in a web browser.
6. When it was time for it to set up the database, I found I messed up and hadn't dropped the DB from the last attempt at configuring.
7. I deleted the DB and recreated it.
8. I backed up a step on the config web page, reentered DB info
9. The config worked after that
More and more people are building their careers with Atlassian, and we want you to be at the front of this wave! Important Dates Start the Certification Prep Course by 2 April 2019 Take your e...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs