I have tried installing confluence on Ubuntu server. (I keep getting some error with i18n when it tries to configure my postgresql database)
The first error I see in the catalina log is:
22-Sep-2017 22:19:39.672 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-10] org.springframework.web.socket.sockjs.client.SockJsClient.doHandshake Initial SockJS "Info" request to server failed, url=ws://127.0.0.1:8091/synchrony/sockjs/v1
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on GET request for "http://127.0.0.1:8091/synchrony/sockjs/v1/info": Connection refused (Connection refused); nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
How can I get past this?
Follow up, I assume this was unrelated to my confluence install problem ( this probably showed up because the DB kept failing to configure, and honestly this error may still be in the log but I didn't look now that confluence is working for me ). Here is some info about my install:
I have finally gotten it to install on Ubuntu Server.
The only things I did different seem to be of no consequence.
1. I installed using the default config ( instead of custom )
2. I did NOT let the installer start the server (this is the BIGGEST difference)
3. I upped the postgresql logging a bunch.
4. I manually started confluence (with sudo start-confluence.sh)
5. I opened confluence in a web browser.
6. When it was time for it to set up the database, I found I messed up and hadn't dropped the DB from the last attempt at configuring.
7. I deleted the DB and recreated it.
8. I backed up a step on the config web page, reentered DB info
9. The config worked after that
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team! July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures — and as an extension of our first post on what ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs