Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronize an account reactivation from active directory to confluence

Alexander Wolf January 2, 2018

the following situation exists:

The user management of Confluence is linked to an AD via LDAP. The AD is the leading system.

A user has too often entered his wrong password in Confluence so that his Confluence account is blocked and his AD account is set inactive. 

Even if the AD Admin activates the account, the user still has to be reactivated by the Confluence Admin in Confluence, too. 

Is there a possibility that only the activation in the AD is necessary? So that this activation is synchronized to Confluence. Without activation code in Confluence.

Best regards

Alexander Wolf

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2018

Hi Alexander,

Since Confluence 5.3 the disabled flag from AD has been synchronized over to Confluence.Provide Confluence support for Active Directory's "Account Disabled" flag If a user locks out their AD account via too many bad passwords, and the AD admin unlocks the account, the user will be reactivated in Confluence during the next synchronization. The default synchronization interval is one hour so that delay may be what you are experiencing when you find you have to manually enable the user in Confluence. You can either wait an hour, activate the user as you have been doing or else manually sync the AD User Directory at Confluence Admin>User Directories. Please see Synchronizing Data from External Directories for more details.

If you sync the directory and the user is still disabled, please let me know so I can investigate further.

Thanks,

Ann

Alexander Wolf January 5, 2018

Hi Ann,

thank you for your quick answer. This Information is enough for me. :)  

Best regards

Alexander Wolf

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events