Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stay logged in on Confluence Mobile

Paul Topping June 3, 2017

I'm using Confluence Cloud from my Android device, a Google Pixel phone. I want Confluence to stay logged in as this is my personal device and my personal Confluence wiki. I want to be able to take a quick note without having to go through its very tedious login process so often. It won't even remember my email address, CF site address, or my password. I understand how it needs to default in favor of security but can I change this?

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2017

Hi Paul, 

You should remain logged, I'm using Confluence Mobile on my Android (Oneplus Two) as well and I only had to login once in the past months. 

Could it be because you logout on another device? See https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/getting-randomly-logged-out-of-atlassian-cloud-691011821.html

Best, 

Maarten

Possibly. I expect to use CF cloud from my two desktops (work and home) and my mobile phone. Are you saying that if I don't log out of any of them, I shouldn't be asked to login from any of them for a "long time"? Will that survive browser/app and/or computer/phone restarts?

Still don't understand why the mobile app won't remember all but the password like most similar apps.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2017

If you logout on one device you will be logged out on all other devices. That might explain why you should login on your mobile a lot.

And yeah it's a missing feature in the app to remember the password. You can however get that to work with a password manager like LastPass. 

Best, 

Maarten

Not "remember the password" but remember everything else. Although, as you point out, there is s/w that will remember passwords, I don't expect Confluence to directly implement that for security reasons. However, there are no security implications to remembering a wiki's URL and very little to remembering an email address.

I am looking for a personal wiki. I don't expect there to be any others users but myself. There are other products that call themselves personal wikis that might serve my purposes better. I chose Confluence simply because I am already familiar with it in a different context. I was hoping to avoid learning yet another product. It would be a real shame if CF can't work in this scenario.

I will avoid logging out and see whether it works for me. Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events