start confluence, but the following error..

gene March 28, 2016

image2016-3-29 0:42:35.png

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

It looks like you have set the home data directory to a directory with an invalid name.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Yeah it seems like a pretty straight forward error. It can't create a path to files/folders outside of typical A-Z, 0-9 english characters.

gene March 28, 2016

dear 

It looks like you have set the home data directory to a directory with an invalid name.

-- the following:  The data folder is created by me,and set confluence.home=c:/confluence/data

image2016-3-29 1:7:4.png

image2016-3-29 1:9:14.png

image2016-3-29 1:6:16.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2016

The non A-Z/0-9 characters above the confluence-5.9.6 don't look correct to me.

What happens if you drop to a command line (start -> cmd) and type cd c:\confluence\data then do a dir?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Hey Nic, look at the filename in the command prompt above. It looks like the path is correct but the garbage collection log has picked up characters from the default language set from the user's OS.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2016

Argh, yes, it's the log rather than the install.  That needs fixing, not the installation.

gene March 28, 2016

dear all,I need to wait for the new version?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2016

No, you need to stop using broken characters in file paths.

gene March 28, 2016

Hi,Nic  where is broken characters?  ,Is the following characterimage2016-3-29 17:20:32.png

but,I can't find them. can you tell me what to do,  thank you very much.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2016

In the file name - you've somehow located it in a place that has invalid characters in the file name for the log.  It looks like it might be something in the environment on your machine though.  What files do you have in that directory and have you configured the logging away from the defaults?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events