setup wizard installation error

Im getting this error, I did and installed everything what step by step guide says.

Installing EAR version of confluence on tomcat5.

Im running linux rhel 5 as a VM with no GUI.

The following error(s) occurred:

• Configuring the database failed. Couldn't create the database schema.
  • Error creating bean with name 'xhtmlMailContentProcessor' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'xhtmlXslTransformer' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'xhtmlXslTransformer' defined in class path resource [renderingContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Could not instantiate bean class [com.atlassian.confluence.xml.XhtmlXalanXslTransformer]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljavax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory;

4 answers

Hi Vitally,

I suspect that the JDK you are using for Confluence is not compatible/supported. See supported JDK (Oracle) at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms (assuming you are using Confluence 4.1 at the moment)

-Hanis-

I am also running into the same issue. Trying to install

Confluence 4.2.13 on tomcat5.

tomcat5.exe was running with JDK1.6.0_04, which is listed as compatible version.

JAVA_HOME was also set to JDK1.6.0_04.

Any ideas?

Hi Vality and sudheer,

Did you install Tomcat from RPM? If so that might be the problem. Refer to the knowledgebase article in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Installation+or+Upgrade+of+Confluence+4.0+EAR-WAR+Fails+on+Red+Hat+or+CentOS for a fix.

Cheers, Harry.

Thanks for the link Harry. Mine is windows environment and Tomcat was installed using the installer version. It has xml-apis.jar, which seem to have javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactory. Once I deleted it from the 'endorsed' folder, the issue went away.

Sudheer

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

274 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you