Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaffolding "< br/>" as default value in text-data macro

paul roche February 19, 2017

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a very frustrating behaviour on new Confluence version 6.0.3 and on the corresponding version 8.8.1 of scaffolding add-on.

Now, when creating a new page with a single text-data macro (with the text Content Type), it's always rendering it with a < br/> default value whenever the macro body remains empty:

scaffolding-text-data-render.PNG

It looks like it's mixing up the basic text rendering (which I just want to use) and the rich text.

I'm using this Atlassian Answers channel because it is impossible for me to raise a ticket through the Service Rocket support platform, because of proxy issue at my customer office.

Please let me know about a solution on this case.

Thanks very much.

Paul Roche.
Valiantys.

3 answers

0 votes
Mike Pearson June 14, 2018

Ok, it appears this has been resolved then?

Otherwise, I was going to suggest enclosing the field in a "hidden-data" macro with the hidden condition being "When Empty [text-data field name]".  This way the displayed page will ignore the text-data altogether if it is empyt

0 votes
Mervyn Toh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2017

Hi all,

Great news! The project team have released a new version of Scaffolding (version 8.8.2) in regards to this issue, you may upgrade your Scaffolding to the latest version now.

For more information on this release, you check out the release note for Scaffolding on the Atlassian Marketplace listing page:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding/versions

Thank you.

Regards,
Mervyn

0 votes
paul roche February 19, 2017

Hello Service Rocket team,

@ServiceRocket [ATL Partner], @ServiceRocket Support, @ServiceRocket, @ServiceRocket Support, @ServiceRocket Support, @ServiceRocket Support

Could you please provide us an answer on this case because it will be pretty blocking for using Scaffolding on the new Confluence version.
Thank you very much!

Paul Roche.
Valiantys (on behalf of a Scaffolding customer)

Mervyn Toh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2017

Hi Paul,

Thanks for raising this up to us. We've received your ticket on our support desk as well, and we shall communicate with you via the ticket. 

Thank you.

Regards, 
Mervyn
ServiceRocket Support

Patrick Liétar March 2, 2017

Please also update the issue here for others to benefit from the feedback! Thanks in advance!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events