restore confluence with xml backup

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

I have below questions with respect to restoring confluence with xml back up-

Does it restores attachments as well?

If not -- if i copy attachment folder to required location, will it configure automatically without doing any changes to entities.xml?

Does it restores space permission along with all the details about space?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2014

Depends - did you export the attachments when you created the xml backup? Do you have the attachments in the database or file system?

(Don't worry about permissions, space details or entities.xml, they're all in the backup)

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

I did export with attachment.

Filesystem

Will it be taken care automatically?
Also I'm doing fresh installation, will it start sending email when i perfome restore?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2014

Ok, if you said yes to export attachments, then they will be restored to the filesystem as the data is imported. Same path it was on the originating system

It WILL send email, unless you start it with a command line flag to say not to.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

can you please provide me that command?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2014

is below command i have to use before i start confluence using start-confluence.sh

set DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS=" -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled=true"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events