restore confluence with xml backup

I have below questions with respect to restoring confluence with xml back up-

Does it restores attachments as well?

If not -- if i copy attachment folder to required location, will it configure automatically without doing any changes to entities.xml?

Does it restores space permission along with all the details about space?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Depends - did you export the attachments when you created the xml backup? Do you have the attachments in the database or file system?

(Don't worry about permissions, space details or entities.xml, they're all in the backup)

I did export with attachment.

Filesystem

Will it be taken care automatically?
Also I'm doing fresh installation, will it start sending email when i perfome restore?

Ok, if you said yes to export attachments, then they will be restored to the filesystem as the data is imported. Same path it was on the originating system

It WILL send email, unless you start it with a command line flag to say not to.

can you please provide me that command?

is below command i have to use before i start confluence using start-confluence.sh

set DISABLE_NOTIFICATIONS=" -Datlassian.mail.senddisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.fetchdisabled=true -Datlassian.mail.popdisabled=true"

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

406 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you