replace "confluence-users" group by another group

David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hi folks,

I am just wondering if it is possible to not use the ActiveDirectory group "confluence-users" at all but use a differten one (say "confluence-special-users" or so). While this is possible in the configuration (Global permissions and default space permissions) I am wondering if this has any other impact? One thing that comes to my mind are confluence plugins that might depend on this group or something similar.

While in theory this should be possible I wnated to ask if anyone ever tried this and what the results were with this?

Thanks a lot allready!

Cheers, David

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manse Wolken
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hello David,

we are running Confluence without "confluence-users" group.And have experienced no problems since 2009 (year of first install).

BUT: confluence-administrators should be present (or otherwise filled) because beeing in that group enables administrators to do administrative tasks in every wiki without beeing specifically enlisted in the "admin" role of the given wiki.

Cheers

Manse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events