reorganising blog posts

Michael Dahl December 5, 2016

I would like to load 6 months of blog posts that were published previously in a different system. I load them up and they all show as posts in the current month. I would like to reorganise them so that I can put them back into a chronological tree structure for easy of future navigation.

How do I reorganise blog posts as there doesn't seem to be any functionality similar to reorganising pages?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2016

Hi Michael,

Blog posts can't be reorganised; they are chronological by design.

One option, which might be a lot of work depending on the number of blog posts you've got, is to copy each blog post into a new blog post in Confluence, and set the Posting Date value to the date the blog was originally created (the Posting Date field is at the bottom left of the New blog post page, on the same bar as the Save and Close buttons).  This should work, but will potentially be very labour intensive.

A second option is to try installing the Blog Tools plugin and converting your posts to pages, then reordering them, then converting them back to posts.  I'm not 100% confident this would work, so contacting the creator of the plugin first and asking them would be sensible, but it might be an alternative if you don't want to cut 'n' paste a lot of posts manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events