Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename file after uploading

Amir January 24, 2021

Hi,

How can I create an uploadnig attachment form for a file list page in confluence data center that contains some fields to rename the file automatically and assign some labels to file according to fields selected by user while uploading an attachment?

I want to do this for better indexing.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hi there @Amir!

As I understand, you need to create a form that automatically tags, names and places the attachments in Confluence without user interaction after the first one.

Reading your question, I see that you mention Confluence Data Center. However, looking at the classification you made for the question, it is classified as Confluence Cloud. Those two platforms have fairly different options when it comes to customization and usability. With this in mind, I have my first question:

1. What platform are you currently using? (Confluence Cloud or Confluence Datacenter).

If you need more information about the differences between them, here we have a more comprehensive list of differences:

The workflow where attachments are automatically named and tagged during file upload based on selected fields is not natively available in either. You can potentially make use of the Blueprints feature in Confluence and build a solution that works:

Since both platforms (Cloud and Datacenter) do not natively support this, we can either implement a Blueprint, a “homebrew” plugin or use an available software piece from our third-party vendors. For third-party vendors, you can check here:

Both platforms (Cloud and Datacenter) have file management solutions. However, to rename and tag the files, users need to manually do it. For more information on how this works on Confluence, you can take a look here:

Let us hear from you!

Amir February 2, 2021

Hi. Thanks for your help.

The platform we are currently using is Data-Center 7.10.

what is a "homebrew" plugin?

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Thanks for asking that!

When I said "homebrew" plugin, I made a reference to Confluence App development:

Developing apps for Atlassian Data Center products 

Hope that this documentation helps you!

Like Amir likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events