Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing licensed users?

margol July 24, 2012

I have a user which I no longer need to be able to access Confluence. My confluence instance is set to authenticate from JIRA, allowing basic edit permissions (and confluence access global permission) to members of the group confluence-users.

However, if I remove the user in question from confluence-users, he remains in the license count once he's created a single page/post/anything.

I vaguely recall running into this issue in a previous job, and at the time my understanding was that once a user had created any content, it was impossible to remove the user from the license count, but I was hoping that it had been addressed by now.

Is it possible to remove users from my confluence license so that they can no longer access the instance, without removing all data that the user ever created?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris_Walker July 24, 2012

Don't you just remove the user concerned from the confluence-users group and they stop counting against your license limit?

0 votes
V July 24, 2012

You can deactivate the user by removing him from all the groups. Deactivating the user is recommended than deleting user and he is no more counted into uesr license.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events