Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstallation 5.1 to 5.4

Saygbe January 3, 2014

I had a VM with confluence 5.1 attached to a remote SQLDB that got currupted and is now unrecoveable.

Is it possible to install 5.4 on a new VM and point it to the old remote SQLDB to get back my pages?

Thanks.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2014

It's not clear what is "corrupted" - the database or something else. If it's the database, then no, you won't be able to recover it, you'll need to restore from a backup

If it's the Confluence installation, then I'd recommend you create Confluence 5.1 on a new VM and make sure it works ok with the old database before upgrading it to 5.4

0 votes
Saygbe January 5, 2014

Nic,

I have all the parmeters right including reverting to the previous password. I'm still having issue.

"Confluence tables already exist in the selected database"

Any other ideas would apprieciated.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

Ok, that's sort of good, but not.

Simplest way to move forward - could you create an empty database with a different name? Connect Confluence to that, and then let it create all the tables. Once complete, stop Confluence again, and edit the file <confluence home>/confluence.cfg.xml - you will find the new database name in there in the connection settings - change it to the old existing database and restart Confluence again.

0 votes
Saygbe January 5, 2014

Nic,

I have all the parmeters right including reverting to the previous password. I'm still having issue.

"Confluence tables already exist in the selected database"

Any other ideas would apprieciated.

Thanks.

0 votes
Saygbe January 5, 2014

Trouble, in my case, means that I don't know how to configure my old MS sql external database to work with my new installation of confluence.

what I have done: change the database password because it had expired, same path and name.

I've checked you KB and the web for solution to no avail.

"All you need to do is give the new system the same connection parameters that the old one had"

Is there a doucumentation on this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2014

A new confluence installation should be asking you to give it parameters like the database link, user name, password etc. Which are the same parameters the old one had (barring the password which you have changed)

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQLalthough you shouldn't need most of it as you already should have the information and correct settings,

0 votes
Saygbe January 5, 2014

I have just installed Confluence 5.1 and I need to attach it to my old MS sql database without overwriting it. But I'm having trouble doing just that. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2014

What do you mean by "trouble"?

All you need to do is give the new system the same connection parameters that the old one had.

0 votes
Saygbe January 3, 2014

The installation is corrupted. I will go with the latter part of you answer.

Thank you Nic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events