rebuilding my team's space

John Kolacz December 19, 2019

I've been tasked with rebuilding my team space.  currently it is a random assortment of pages.

I would like to export the team space to xml, then import it into a new space and then organize the content.

I just want to be sure this is not going to cause a problem before I blow up what we currently have.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

@John Kolacz ,

How big of a space is it? This sounds like a lot of work with some degree of risk. It may be easier for you to create the space hierarchy of pages within the current space then move each page to the proper location. You should be able to drag and drop pages in the left-nav frame. 

-Scott

John Kolacz December 19, 2019

The space is relatively small, like 50 pages ish... After spending the morning reading up on what it would take to do the export- import/ re-organize / then delete the old space, rename the new space etc... I've gone back to just doing it manually page by page.

The biggest concern I have is that I don't want to change anything until the team can see the new layout and agree that it is what they want- the worst outcome short of losing data would be to dump a new space on them that they don't like.

Dmitry V Sidorov February 23, 2020

Cheers, ~ new to confluence and just getting my 'feet wet'...

I'm a software engineer in a team of 6 developers. My organization is looking into using Confluence. I was asked to research and present on 'team space'. As part of my research I'd like to check out how others organize their team spaces. Any pointers for me?

Thanks in advance ;-)

P.S. I found the Q/A above helpful - thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events