It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"unknown macro jira" errors on pages after upgrading Confluence JIRA Macros plugin

We are running Confluence 4.1. After upgrading the Confluence JIRA Macros plugin to version 4.0.17 none of the JIRA macros are being recognised anymore and give "unknown macro jira" blocks on the pages that use them. I did a content upgrade after updating the plugin and we even restarted Confluence, but the problem remains. I checked the plugin on the adminsitration page. It is enabled and all 19 of its modules are enabled.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes


I strongly believe that this could be some bug with the application. If you can replicate this behavior with another instance and the same plugin version, I recommend to open a ticket for Atlassian Support at so we can verify this and possibly open a buf report for that.

Hope that helps!


Rodrigo Adami

A second restart of Confluence seems to have fixed this problem. This is the second time this has happened after upgrading plugins and then upgrading the content. Maybe there is a problem with the JIRA macros plugin.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

144 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you