Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"add page" button on dashboard sending pages to root of space

Alicia Miller July 10, 2012

Hi,

I noticed that when you add a page from the front page of a space, the page will be created as a child of the front page. But if you add a page from the dashboard using the "Add Page" button it will create the page in the root of the space. I'm finding this is really confusing the hierarchy and general organisation of the space. I'm hoping to either:

a) Change where the page is created with the add page button on the dashboard, so it automatically is created under the front page of the space, instead of the root of the space.

b) Remove the "add page" button from the dashboard completely

Any other ideas? Which one of these options is the easiest to execute? Obviously (a) would be the ideal.

Thanks muchly in advance!

Alicia

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Hrynczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2012

Hi Alicia,

There is an open feature request to have the pages created under the space home page. You can add your vote to the issue - see: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-17908

Removing the buttons altogether is much simpler. The buttons are provided in a plugin called "Confluence Dashboard Actions". To stop them appearing, just go to the Plugin Manager and disable it.

Cheers,
Mark

1 vote
Joseph Ramsey October 25, 2012

Does anyone know of a solution for this in OnDemand? We are unable to configure or disable the "Confluence Dashboard Actions" plugin. Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events