"User List" macro - how often does it refresh?

Dorte Jacobsen January 12, 2022

To view our product documentation, customers and partners need to log in with username and password.

They are in a "confluence-external-users" group. The group currently only has about 100 users.

We use the "User List" macro with the option "Display Online/Offline Users"="true" on an internal reporting page to display external users who are currently online.

UserList_macro.png

We also have test users in the same group and have noticed that when users log out, they do not disappear from the list of online users immediately.

Does anyone know how often the macro fetches data and refreshes?

Thanks,
Dorte

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @Dorte Jacobsen 👋

I've taken a look at this for you but unfortunately the Confluence support article doesn't provide any clarification around the refresh time of the Macro, you can read the article here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf73/user-list-macro-991928239.html

Searching other sources there is no reference to how often the macro fetches the data and refreshes for you... my suggestion would be to run an internal test and see how long it takes to update?

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Dorte Jacobsen January 12, 2022

Hi Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

We'll do some internal testing :-)

Thanks,
Dorte

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events