Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Uploaded a version of a file" notification for page with UML diagram?

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

I hope someone can explain this behavior to me.  I created a new page with a UML diagram in it using the PlantUML macro. A couple of curious users apparently browsed the page, and shortly afterwards I got notifications like the below.

The versions of the page have NOT changed. The versions of the attachment DID change. And one comment reads "PlantUML Diagram (generated)." I know each UML diagram is saved as an image file and displayed on the page, but I don't understand why simply viewing the page would create a new version of the attachment. (It's possible that they clicked on the page to edit it, then cancelled out of the editing screen.)

Does anyone know what is happening here? Is it because the export name is specified in the macro settings? (UML Sequence Diagram Template.svg)? Thanks for any insights.

uml_notification.png

2 answers

0 votes
Richard W March 7, 2023

Same thing happens with my site. I think it's when people are browsing a page and click on an image while moving the mouse. Confluence interprets this as a "drag and drop" action and uploads a new version of the image. It's completely pointless and I'm wondering if there's a way to disable the "drag and drop" action when browsing a page.

0 votes
Spencer February 8, 2023

Hi @Michelle Rau good 

Anything ever come from this dastardly, annoying 'error'? I suspect manipulating an element in a diagram may trigger this action, but can't pin it down.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events