"Unable to parse the gadget feed" when adding JIRA feed to Confluence

Reinhard Mayr March 10, 2020

Confluence Server 7.0.1, JIRA Server 8.4.0. Both installations run on the same machine in the local network, HTTP only, no TLS.

I want to have the JIRA gadgets available in confluence, so I enter the URL of the JIRA instance, but I get "Unable to parse the gadget feed at <URL>".

When I enter that URL in my browser and get the XML document where all the gadgets are there.

I ssh'd to the JIRA machine and did a wget on the URL -- same successful file was retrieved.

So to me this appears as if the feed were there but for an unknown reason it cannot be processed by Confluence. Can anyone help on this?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reinhard Mayr March 19, 2020

After updating to Confluence 7.3.3 it worked.

I also updated JIRA to 7.3.3. It now appears to be working.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2020

Hello @Reinhard Mayr ! As I understand, a Jira gadget is not working as expected within your Confluence instance.

I would start by checking if the mandatory setup for the Gadgets to work has been correctly finished. Here is the link to the procedure:

We need to make sure that the trust between Jira and Confluence is working correctly and that we are subscribed to the gadgets itself. This is all explained within the documentation titled “Registering External Gadget”.

Now, I would like to ask a few questions so I can better understand the current situation. Here we go:

1. Has this worked at some point in the past?
  2. Is this affecting more than one gadget?
  3. Was there any change applied to your instances prior to this issue?

Let us hear from you!

Application link is set up, does not indicate any kind of problem.

Tech support found that there is a bug, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-70284 

I updated both JIRA and Confluence, it now seems to work.

Thanks anyway!

Reinhard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events