"Status" Macro no longer fixed width?

Jason Young August 26, 2020

In the previous Confluence editor, the Status macro was a fixed width, making tables and other checklists looking very tidy.

Old Status.png

The Status macro in the "new"(er) Confluence editor appears to be dynamic in line with the text. I realize this is small, but the lack of uniformity is kind of a bummer.

New Status.png

Is there another core macro type that I need to be using to achieve the original look?

2 answers

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2020

Hello @Jason Young and @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ !

Yes, the behavior of the Status macro is different if we look at both the Legacy and the New editor.

In the legacy editor, there is a fixed minimum size:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 16.53.09.png

In the new editor, there is a fixed maximum size:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 16.54.46.png

To create a more even look for the new status macro, I used an empty Unicode character to fill space. Here it is:

And here is what it looks like in the editor itself:

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 16.55.15.png

I hope this helps both of you!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

Hi @Diego 

Awesome!

I knew it was a minimum size in the old macro - but hadn't been able to utilise the unicode approach in the new one.

It's great to know this is actually possible!

Ste

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2020

Hi @Jason Young 

There isn't another macro natively - this is how the status macro appears to work now!

You can still create a Legacy page as an option? When creating a page, one of the templates is "Legacy Editor Page". The macros within this page type work using the old method.

If you don't have an option to create the Legacy page, contact Atlassian Support who should be able to activate this for you :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events