"Page Failed to load" in Jira about a Confluence link

Hayley Hinkle January 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Enabling the Remote API

I followed the steps to enable the Remote API and I'm still having the error  "Page Failed to load" in Jira about a Confluence link

4 answers

1 vote
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2016

Hayley, 

As the Remote API is enabled, we could be having issues related to the connection/configuration of the Application Links with your Confluence instance and JIRA. With that in mind, can you take a look at the atlassian-jira.log and see if the stack trace is still related to the API usage?

If so, we might need to check if authentication and configurations (like proxy) are properly working between them. Check the Outgoing and Incoming authentication of the Application Links and make sure that you only have the Oauth one enabled.

Don't forget to raise a ticket in our support channel (https://support.atlassian.com) if you still have issues with this, Hayley. smile

Regards, 

Giu

Surbhi_Kaushik December 4, 2019

Hi, 

we are facing similar issue. I checked remote API option and seems like this has been deprecated from Confluence 5.5 .

In our instance, we are not using REST API actively, so what can be done here to allow the remote access for JIRA Confluence linking in such pages. Would you be able to help on this. 

0 votes
Darin Hafer April 24, 2019

For me to solve this problem, I needed to add a call from the LinkBuilder:

linkBuilder.globalId("appId=61cf4472-a82a-3304-a1fc-ede103860d55&pageId=121608199")

Before I called globalId(), I had this error:

linkbuilder-error.png

After I added call to globalId, this error went away and the Link was created successfully without the "Failed to load" error.

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2016

This behaviour is related to JRA-60872. Your link points to blog post.

0 votes
daves April 13, 2016

I seem to have the same issue. The exception in the logs is this: 

2016-04-14 13:01:13,742 http-nio-8080-exec-1 ERROR davidm 781x78440x1 8arpk7 10.10.10.194 /rest/viewIssue/1/remoteIssueLink/render/12111 [c.a.j.p.v.issuelink.rest.RemoteIssueLinkResource] Error occurred while generating final HTML for remote issue link: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to load Confluence Page from remote server Caused by: com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: Status Code: 200, Status Text: OK, Errors: {}, Error Messages: [java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.confluence.rpc.RemoteException: 17957099 is not a page?]

This link is the reverse link created to JIRA when the JIRA issue was inserted in the page (a super useful feature). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events