"Likes" affecting search results

Bimmel February 27, 2013

In recent versions of Confluence, I see a "Like" feature has been implemented. My users are really enjoying as they are accustomed to this notion via Facebook and similar products.

What I'm wondering is if the popularity of a page (via likes) can or could affect the search results? If so, could these searches be seen in a third-party search engine?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

In Confluence 4.2, the "Like" feature was introduced and is stored in the 'likes' table inside the database. The effects of the likes can be viewed here.

For the third party search engine, I don't think they can.

Bimmel February 28, 2013

What's the relationship between Confluence's search engine and being featured in a Popular tab or Recommended Updates?

What I'm hoping for is this scenerio: Page foo (v2) is well liked (lets say 100 likes). Page foo (v1) is less liked (50 likes). When you search for "foo", the v2 page is listed higher in the search results because its liked more often than other similarily named page.

That's unfortunate to hear that the data the Like feature cannot be captured outside Confluence's default search.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events