cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Inline" macro option is broken

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Confluence 5.4.4 inserts p tags around the macro. If I delete them with the source editor Confluence replaces them on save. I've found several posts on this, looks like it has been broken since 4.0

2 answers

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Hey Robert,

We had a lot of changes of CSS changes from Confluence 4 series to 5, and due to that the INLINE option no longer work in the way it worked before.

Please check below Improvement request and in case it matches your scenario vote up for the ticket and add your thoughts in there so we can increase it's relevance.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31820

In case I misunderstand you can you give me the step by step so I can reproduce it locally and see if there's anything I can do to help smile.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

The problem is not CSS. The problem is that Confluence inserts p tags around the macro.' User macro wa_version is unrendered. Template is: {noformat}## @noparams 2.4.4{noformat} Insert the macro in a sentence, set to inline, save page. 2.4.4 is not inline.

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

I guess {noformat} doesn't work here. Ignore that.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Hi Robert,

Yes, we are still investigating this problem. You can watch the following issue (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34322) for updates.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,
Elisa  

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

That one is about OnDemand version 5.5. I'm using installed 5.4.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Yes, mostly recent version above 5.5 will be with that bug.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

This doesn't seem to be the correct issue at all. The issue you linked is about the code macro, not confluence wrapping every element with a <p> tag

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

As Steven says, CONF-34322 seems to be a completely unrelated bug. This is about the user macro Inline option not putting the text inline because the editor automatically adds p tags around the macro. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-24581 appears to be the bug I'm encountering. It has been marked as fixed in 5.5.1 but comments say it is not fixed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events