"Include" access without full permissions

Miriam Liszewski June 9, 2017

We have a space which includes some pages we would like to share with a client. We do not want the clent to see other pages in the space or the comments on the shared pages. 

I could create a new space and copy over each page manually but we will need to update both pages everytime there is a change.

I'd like to use the include macro, or something similar, so that the pages are always in sync. It appears I cannot use the include macro without actually giving them access to the original space/page which defeats the purpose. 

Is there a way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Hi Miriam,

the MultiExcerpt-Plugin gives you the opportunity to override security by including an excerpt from another Confluence space.

But I would be careful with disabling the security mechanisms from Confluence...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

No, the include macro respects the permissions on the source data, you can't bypass that in any way.

Miriam Liszewski June 9, 2017

Is there any other way to do what I want to do without manually copying and pasting? Another macro or even a way to prevent users from viewing comments on a page? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2017

Put the pages you want to share in a different space that is readable to all, but with very limited edit rights (and no comment at all possibly)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events