"In Space" search field - need to type full name of Space before getting suggestions?

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

In Confluence Cloud, I am using the "In Space" search field to filter down to appropriate pages for a certain Space(s).in_space_field.png

I've noticed that I have to type the full name of a Space before the autocomplete dropdown appears with any suggestions. For example, I have a Space called "Operations." If I type "operation" (without the "s"), the Space does not appear. If I type the additional "s," the dropdown then shows the "Operations" Space correctly.

Do others have this issue, as well? Is this an intended funtionality? In my opinion, it would be more useful if I could type some of the name of a Space in this field and get some suggestions for appropriate spaces immediately.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2017

It should autocomplete. If that is not happening, your search indexes might be corrupted. You can try rebuilding them from scratch and see if it works.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-rebuild-the-content-indexes-from-scratch-on-confluence-server-110035351.html for more details.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Thanks, Jobin. We're on Cloud, not Server, though - I actually had opened a request with Atlassian to reindex our Confluence Cloud instance because the "Operations" space wasn't appearing at all. The reindex fixed that problem, but I guess this auto-complete still isn't working correctly.

Going to re-open my request with Atlassian and see if they are able to rebuild the search indexes from scratch on a Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events