• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"File Name*" drop down list when attempting to import word doc is blank?

Confluence 6.4.3

The word document is attached (using the attachment macro to verify) to the confluence page.

Marco works on other Confluence pages.

Are there restrictions on the Word doc such as page size (8x11 vs 8x14), file name, etc.? 

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Nov 06, 2019

Hello there, @Sean Thornton . Hey, great to have you join our community. I hope you like it here!

So, let me start by saying that we do not have limitations for the type of Word file that can be attached and used within your instance.  Moving on, I can tell you that this issue has been documented for the Excel Macro. However, since this is pretty similar we can give a shot at the workaround that is present there:

Also, since you said that this issue is present on one specific page, we can try to copy the page somewhere and check if the issue is still present. Here is how:

1. Copy all information from the page
  2. Delete the page and create a new one
  3. Past the information into the new page

Note:

This method will only copy text and require rebuilding any macro configurations, and formatting

I encourage you to take a look at the documentation linked above. This can lead to a better understanding of the issue itself.

Hopefully, this reply serves as some guidance for you, Sean!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

463 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you